Every business is based on three central departments: Human Resources, Finance, and Marketing. The Finance department is the heart of the company because everything in the industry or organization runs with money.
Importance of an Accountant:
The crucial role in the finance department is accounting because every transaction in the business needs to be recorded.
An Accountant is a person who writes every tiny detail of purchases or sales in the business or organization. And even he is the person who balances the incomes of companies with expenditure.
So, the position of Accountant is essential in every company. And with the increasing number of companies, the growth of Accountant jobs also raised to 4% more compared to 2019.
Moreover, with the perfect Accountant Resume, one can get a well-paid offer from a reputable company.
Accountant Job market in India :
As per the survey conducted by pay scale.com, the annual salary for an Accountant job holder is Rs.4,87,303. Therefore, it shows that as long as the businesses exist, the Accountant job also exists.
Career Growth in Accounting :
If you start your career in the accounting field, you will land a high-paying and life settling job with hard and smart work.
There are few positions in an accounting career with high payments. They are:
- Financial Manager
- Chief Financial Officer
- Finance Director
- Finance controller
Benefits of being an Accountant:
There are many benefits to being an Accountant. They are:
- You can set up your own business after working for a few years.
- Gaining knowledge about tax laws, banking transactions, etc.,
- The pay scale is substantial.
- Can also do freelancing jobs.
- Have the opportunity to work in different companies.
- Job security
Job roles of an Accountant :
An Accountant performs different job roles with a proper Accountant Resume. Some of them are:
- Junior Accountant
- Staff Accountant
- Senior Accountant
- Accounting manager
- Cost Accountant
- Tax Accountant
In this article, we discuss the best Accounting Resume examples, dig into stellar accounting Resume samples in 2021and also some tips that might help you get a good position in your accounting career. Resumes play a vital role in the selection process.
Therefore, having a good Accountant Resume format plays a key role in shaping your experiences. Moreover, with that, we may also see the essential skills that are required for an Accountant.
Important Sections to be displayed in an Accountant Resume:
Some essential sections that should be mentioned in your Accountant Resume format, which will help you to attract the attention of the employers:
- Work Experience
- Technical and soft skills
- Contact Information
- Education qualification
- Main objective
- Languages known
- Hobbies and Interests
Contact Information :
The main section in any Accounting Resume Examples is Contact Information. This is the fundamental information that should be presented in the Accountant Resume objective as this is the only way potential employers will know how to contact you.
- Email address
- Phone number
Work Experience :
Work experience plays a crucial role in getting a job. Because every employer wants to have experienced candidates in their company to make their work easy. The people who have completed their internships in their preferred organization and listed them in their Stellar Accounting Resume in 2021 will get more chances to nab the job that other candidates might not.
Education Qualification :
We need to present our education details that we completed with or without the percentages. But we need to show the year and other details to ensure transparency during the hiring process.
There are two different types of skills that every candidate has. They are Technical skills and General skills.
Technical skills that every Accountant job position candidate needs to be mentioned in their Accountant Resume format:
- MS OFFICE suite
- Accounting softwares like Tally, GST, etc.,
- Accounting principles.
- Quick Books
- Preparation of balance sheets based on the records.
General Skills :
The general skills or core skills that need to be in an Accountant Resume are:
- Time Management
- Analytic and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
The above skills are basic and required skills for everyone who wants to apply for the position of Accountant in any business or organization. Therefore, this should be added to the Accountant Resume at first.
Objective / Career Objective :
This section shows your plans regarding your jobs and also your commitment to your work.
It is of two types – Short-term goals or long-term goals.
- Short-term objective describes your aim for a period of one year.
- Long-term objective describes your goal for 5 to 10 years period.
Any achievements related to your job or the awards and prizes that you gained for your participation.
Languages known and Hobbies:
These are the additional details which we may show them on the Resume or exclude it. But adding them will increase the weightage for the Resume and also helps the employer to know more about you in detail.
Sample Resumes that are using presently in the Job Market:
There are some Stellar Accounting Resume in 2021 templates that are widely used now-
Position of Junior Accountant:
If you are applying for a Junior Accountant position, you need to keep two things in mind:
- Highlight your Internship details or any projects done related to accounting.
- Focus more on your education details.
Sample Accountant Resumes examples:
The sample Resume for Junior Accountant position
Position of Staff Accountant:
If your target is staff a Accountant position, then present the following points:
- As a staff Accountant, the candidate work is based on record keeping, preparation of financial statements and tax-related issues,
- The candidate should have knowledge related to laws and regulations in the industry.
Accounting Resume Examples for Staff Accountant position:
Position of Cost Accountant:
If you want to become a Cost Accountant, then you should follow the below points:
- You must have a specialized certificate in the Cost Accounting field. It will help you to land your dream job easily.
- Proficient in accounting terms and laws.
- Strong Budgeting skills.
Example for Cost Accountant Resume:
Position of Senior Accountant:
If you are applying for the post of Senior Accountant, then keep the below points in mind:
- Highlight the past year’s experience in the accounting field.
- Well-known about the laws, policies, regulations, principles that are related to accounting.
- Effectively communicate with others.
- Proficient in accounting related software and IT softwares like oracle, Financial analysis etc.
Senior Accountant Resume Samples:
Position for Accounting Manager:
If you are applying for the position of Accounting Manager, ensure that you noted the below skills and points in your Resume.
- Knowledge about finance operations like financial analysis, financial modelling with accounting knowledge.
- Must be proficient in excel sheet operations as excel sheet plays a vital role in accounting.
- Highlight the past experiences and achievements in other companies.
Ssample Resume of Account Manager:
Position for TAX Accountant:
If you want to settle into a Tax Accountant position, then follow the below points:
- Specialized in Tax related education.
- Knowledge in tax reforms, tax filing softwares etc.,
- Experience in auditing.
Tax Accounting Resume Examples
Ccertificate Courses for Accountants:
Some certificate courses add value to your Stellar Accounting Resume in 2021. They are:
- Chartered Accountant
- Tax &GST compliance
- Industrial Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Management Accountant
- Certified Global Management Accountant
These are the certificates courses that increase the value and the percentage to get Accountant jobs easily when you add them to your Accountant Resume objectives.
Tips for Writing a Great Accountant Resume Format:
These Accounting Resume examples will help you to land your dream job without any hesitation.
- Check the Accounting Resume examples which are related to the Accountant job position.
- Use the professional templates while making the Resumes.
- Don’t keep heavy and unrelated information in your Resume.
- Just make them simple and highlight important sections like skills, experience etc.,
- Give your complete contact information with your area zip code, country etc.,
- Write the Resumes clearly and concisely.
- Attach the required documents like cover letter, mark lists (if necessary).
- Ensure your Resume is updated according to the job description.
Candidates should always check the recent templates when writing their Resume. Especially, in Accounting, candidates need to check the updated software related to the accounting career.
Moreover, candidates must understand the job description while applying for the job. Because the summary or the objective of the candidate might change according to the job position.Always ensure that you attached the cover letter and required documents whenever you send or take the Resume with you.
Moreover, follow the necessary tips while writing the Accountant Resume objectives. It will increase the value of the Resume. Make your Resume resonate with salient points and other required details. And also do make a precursory check of the job description and if it matches with your profile or not. If not, try to change according to the job description but not change your skills and work experience related information.
Be confident and clear whenever you attend the interview for the required position and give it your best to solve the problems stated during the interview.
Q1. What can be included in the Accountant Resume?
Knowledge of business, proficiency in various softwares, different standards of accounting, data based understanding etc.
Q2. What skills are a bonus for an Accountant resume format?
Having sharp business acumen, ability to solve problems at a larger scale, ability to meet deadlines, make timely financial decisions to name a few.
Q3. Will it take long to be an Accountant?
The degrees vary from country to country, but usually it takes about 4 years to fully complete the course.
Q4. How to make your resume stand out?
Using keywords related to the subject is always best, email ID should be proper, know the subject thoroughly.
Q5. Is proficiency in Maths required for Accounting?
Accounting uses basic maths. But it requires attention to detail, ease with software, logic and good interaction skills.
More Resources :