The Technical Officer is to perform Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Corrective Maintenance (CM) for all SMRT Thomson - East Coast Line (STEL) mainline and depot tracks, third rails, track beds, tunnels, drainage sump pits, cable troughs, walkways and the associated peripherals.
All tracks, tunnels and the associated peripherals shall be effectively and efficiently maintained to provide a safe, reliable, and comfortable journey for our commuters.
- Maintain the MRT tracks, third rails, tunnels and the associated peripherals to fulfil the LTA Licence of Operating Agreement (LOA), Code of Practice and the Maintenance Manuals. Ensure the safety and integrity of the MRT tracks, third rail, tunnels and the associated peripherals by planning, monitoring, reviewing and ensuring all PM and CM works, inspections, ad hoc projects are carried out on time in accordance with the approved Maintenance Plan.
- Responsible for the PWAY maintenance teams and the contractors for outsource works under his / her charge.
- Carry out the day-to-day maintenance works and supervise the contractors activities for outsource works.
- Responsible for the PM, CM, modification / upgrade and repair works of the mainline and depot tracks, third rails, tunnels and the associated peripherals in compliance with relevant work instructions / procedures, maintenance manuals and LTA's Code of Practice.
- Ensure that the latest version of work instructions / procedures, risk assessment, operations circulars and investigation recommendations are implemented.
- Meet the set KPIs and maintain high level of productivity, efficiency and quality.
- Attend daily Tool Box meeting conducted by Assistant Engineer.