Astor International School is recruiting for a teacher assistant. The successful candidate will have previous experience working with primary ages children. Experience with students with specific needs is a bonus.
Astor opened in August of 2019 to provide quality, affordable education to international students. Astor provides a focused and creative learning environment that specifically grows student understanding in English, math and International Primary Curriculum, whilst embracing the humanities, science, art, music, dance and drama as an important too in which to explore thinking and learning. By being intentional in our program, students finish at 1pm, allowing them the time needed for external coaching, training and programs that have otherwise not been accommodated for in extended school days.
Main Working Relationships - The Principal / Classroom Teacher
We endeavor to provide a close, nurturing, family environment where staff work closely together as a team. Planning and working together collaboratively with students, parents and staff in partnership to create a dynamic and vibrant learning environment. The Teacher Assistant role will be to support and maintain the school culture and environment, working with the Principal and teachers.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Working with all children either in small group or 1 to 1.
- Working with students in specific needs.
- Communicate with classroom teacher's student information that is necessary to monitor student progress.
- Supporting classroom teachers with lesson preparation and any support they need to fill full their teaching.
- Have a student-centered pedagogy that leads their practice and gives students the ability to construct and co-construct learning in a personal and collaborative environment.
- Builds healthy and nurturing relationships with all students in their care with the outcome in mind to build students as life-long learners.
- Support students in becoming independent learners.
- Provides appropriate and actionable feedback to learners.
- Assists with lesson planning, materials preparation
- Assists with preparing, organising, categorising and maintaining teacher resources.
- Available to support all primary grades in the school
An integral member of a supportive, collaborative and vibrant school environment
- Committed to and actively creating an environment that is supportive, positive and respectful.
- Ensures that the classroom and school's physical environment is one that reflects the values and vision of the school, whilst celebrating learners and the learning process.
- Nurtures positive relationships within the whole school community.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Before school, morning and lunch duty.
- Extra Curriculum Activity (ECA) support.
- Upholding a high level of presentation and personal and professional conduct.
- Contributing to the corporate life of the school through effective participation in meetings and management systems necessary to coordinate the management of the school.
- Any other reasonable request from management or administration to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
Qualifications and Experience
- Native English speaker.
- Experience in working with students in primary years.
- Experience working in international schools.
- Experience with a holistic approach to Education.
- Must be able to work in Singapore
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Ms. Shannon [Confidential Information]. We look forward to receiving your application.
.Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.