Role: System Engineer (Storage/Backup)
- Stationed at the customer's office during working hours to support success of customer storage projects , including Storage migration, BAU activities and major issue management.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day administration for SAN and storage environments.
- Provide technical support on systems-related issues or queries
- Perform systems administration/maintenance/security advisory and works toward continuous optimization of systems performance
- Standard system administration duties including server install, hardening, patch management, vulnerability review, Windows problem resolution, log analysis, etc.
- Provide infrastructure services in all areas needed: storage, operating system, directory services, server virtualization using system backup and restore.
- Storage Allocation/Deallocation to server infrastructure
- To manage the storage system and support Routine maintenance operations include upgrades and routine changes.
- Interface with vendors for technical service and issues
- Stay current with system information, changes, and updates
- Degree or other equivalent in Computer Science
- At least 5 years of support experience
- Technical knowledge of on-premises (data centres, virtualization, hyper-converge, data backup, storage management) and cloud ecosystems - VMWare, AWS, Veeam, Netbackup
- Experience in SAN storage environment(Hitachi, Huawei) and fabric switches operation ,like SAN Space Provisioning, Zoning, De-Zoning.
- Technical knowledge infra stack i.e. x86, Unix, storage, networks, security, desktops/laptops/devices, servers
- Experience on Storage replication (shadow image and remote replication).
- Have good experience of storage hands on configuration and storage data migration.
- Basic knowledge in OS concepts.
- Knowledge of IT lifecycle management
- Knowledge of ITSM - Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Asset Management, Patch Management
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills with ability to coordinate between technical and business teams
- Able to interact with various levels of internal and external stakeholders both in written and verbal forms
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Works effectively both as a team member and independently
- Added advantages:
- VCP certification
- ITIL Certification
- Microsoft Certification
If you are keen to explore the above role, please send across your updated resume to [Confidential Information] and we can discuss to proceed further.
EA Personnel Registration Number: R1112410
Singapore Employment Agency Licence No: 11C3373