We are looking for qualified and experienced speech & drama teachers to conduct lessons at preschools. You will have an enriching experience conducting our story-inspired speech and drama curriculum that unleashes the little performer in young children!
Established in 2008, LCentral is a Premier English Specialist providing quality English enrichment for students from N1 to P6.
We also provide literacy-based speech and drama programmes for preschools by creating a language-rich environment for young children focusing on presentation confidence and performance competence.
We are seeking a dynamic Singaporean or PR as a speech and drama teacher for a part-time position.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Diploma in language, arts, music, education or a related subject
- A Bachelor's Degree would be an added advantage
- At least one year of relevant teaching experience
- Professional Speech & Drama Certifications or Certification in Music is an added advantage
The ideal candidate will:
- Deliver LCentral's proprietary speech-and-drama lessons in an enthusiastic and engaging manner, by developing rapport with students, adhering to lesson plans, and achieving the learning objectives
- Communicate effectively with parents regarding instructional programs, lesson policies, practices, procedures, and their children's learning and development
- Understand their role as an external service provider representing LCentral, and build and maintain relationships with preschool personnel, including administration staff, teachers and management.
- Participate in activities to enhance professional growth, which may include, but not be limited to, training and workshops
- Show evidence of achievement toward goals and consistently engage in self-evaluation
The ideal candidate will:
- Showcase positive energy, enthusiasm, and patience when handling students and other matters relevant to the position
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal abilities
- Possess strong spoken and written English language skills
- Demonstrate good classroom management skills
- Engage young learners in various learning experiences and provide opportunities for every student to succeed
- Use a variety of teaching materials, equipment and props to stimulate a positive learning experience for all students
- Involve all students in the learning process and adjust instruction according to the needs of the students
- Demonstrate knowledge of varied methodologies in instruction and a good understanding of content and curriculum
- Establish and maintain clearly defined routines and procedures by demonstrating a positive role model for students
- Radiate a passionate for teaching, love of children, and he able to create a positive learning environment by dealing with students behaviour in a fair, respectful, sensitive manner
- Liaise closely with the Curriculum Team on any matters concerning student behaviour, development, or performance
- The ideal candidate will be flexible as regards to work location.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Remuneration is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If this is you, submit your CV with contact details (email address and phone number) through the job platform, alternatively email to [Confidential Information]
Kindly note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.