BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the bank of banks - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what#LifeAtBNYMellonis all about. In addition, BNY Mellon is a strategic partner to a variety of financial technology companies and a convener of influential industry and market infrastructure forums.We have made strategic investments in a portfolio of 29 fintechs building solutions that incorporate emerging technologies including artificial intelligence, blockchain and cloud.
We're seeking a future team member for the role ofSenior Principal, FX Salesto join ourGlobal Marketsteam. This role is located inSingapore (Hybrid).
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways::
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Independently manages a portfolio of existing clients or prospects, focusing on client satisfaction, relationship building and responsible business growth that is compliant, of acceptable risk and profitable.
- Responsible for covering FX clients, executing FX trades voice and via platforms, and managing of the sales book throughout the day.
- Serves in a consultative role to the prospects, advising top leadership on the best way to achieve their short- and long- term strategic objectives through the firms solutions.
- Provides intra-day and longer term market colour as well as leveraging resources across the firm to keep clients informed of key FX and market developments.
- Works with and helps to support the FX Sales Team across the region in order to achieve targeted revenue goals on a yearly basis and supporting other team members to achieve collective targets.
- Highly experienced in independently developing leads and initiating contact with prospects using all the firm's resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to gather needed information required to finalize a proposal/deal and collaborates with key stakeholders across the business, connecting clients not only within FX but across the markets and wider organization.
- Clients/prospects are significantly large and complex institutions, requiring depth of knowledge in a niche segment or significant breadth of knowledge across numerous products/services.
- Generates leads from within existing client accounts or as a results of industry research, prospecting.
- Under guidance, applies defined processes and tools to screen and evaluate prospects by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, growth potential, financials and internal firm priorities.
- Assists with closing of less complex new prospects by developing negotiation strategies and contributing analyses supporting deal structures (pricing, contract terms, etc.) that achieve optimal terms for both the client and the firm.
- Assists with client onboarding while working with Credit Risk, Legal, and KYC Teams.
- Ensures deals are compliant with all regulations and internal controls
- Work closely with related teams (RMs, AMs, CSD) and other firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure all risk management/compliance activities relevant to business development, relationship management, and/or account management activities are conducted and captured.
- Tracks and reports on business development, relationship management, and/or account management results for assigned area (geographic, business/industry category, product category, etc.)
- Builds reports for use by senior leaders that identifies trends, opportunities, potential areas of concern, etc.
- Provides valuable support to more junior level team members ensuring their continued engagement and learning development
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 12-15 years of total work experience preferred.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
- A good understanding of the relevant marketplace, competitive landscape and industry drivers in the relevant region is preferred.
- As global firm, bi-lingual capabilities are helpful as is an understanding of local/cultural nuances important for client trust.
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change A List
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.