Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
Digitalization will be a true part of BASF's DNA that creates new exciting customer experiences and business growth as well as drives efficiencies in processes. Global Digital Services is supporting BASF business in Digitalization transformation. Our mission is to drive forward the digital transformation of BASF, providing innovative, global and high-quality digital products and services through a strong agile culture. The Digital Hub Kuala Lumpur is one of our global key locations to deliver regional and global solutions for BASF.
This involves integrating the Angular 9+ frontend with a primarily C# .NET backend and deploying on a Microsoft Azure infrastructure for a customer facing color management platform. The product space currently includes paint mixing and matching as well as maintenance of stock and repairs. It is expanding both in terms of applications and technologies.
Seasoned and experienced full stack developer to develop and test custom solutions within an existing application framework. The developer selected will join a Dev Ops team of full stack developers and testers building and supporting complex applications forming a cohesive platform.
- The developer must be able to successfully demonstrate the ability to design, code, unit test, integration test, document, deploy, and support a solution. Working independently, as well as within a team, exhibiting the ability to adapt and communicate are essential to success in this role.
- Associates or bachelor's degree in Information Technology from an Accredited College or University in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology with a specialization in Software Development or Computer/Software Engineering plus a solid understanding and skill in Object Oriented Programming
- 5 - 7 years of experience in software engineering / development
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- At least 3 years of software development experience with
- .NET Core, Node.js, or Spring Boot with a MS SQL or NoSQL database
- Angular 9+ or Typescript (not Angular JS)
- Unit Testing using Jasmine, Karma, NUnit
- At least a year of software engineering experience with
- Automated Integration Testing using Cypress
- Developing mobile applications (PWA, Android, or IOS)
- Experience constructing, developing, and implementing microservices
- Maintaining infrastructure as code
- Experience working on a DevOps team
- Experience with configuring and deploying on the Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Has a firm understanding with design principles such as SOLID, DRY, and OOPS
- Exhibits an architectural mindset toward problem solving
- A year of SecDevOps experience and IAC with Terraform on the Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Proficiency with Azure DevOps boards, pipelines, releases, and test plans
- Performance of post - release / implementation testing
- Certified Azure DevOps Engineer Expert / Azure Developer Associate
- Agile Scrum Fundamentals, Product Owner or Scrum Master Certifications
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of 59 billion in 2020. Further information at www.basf.com.