The Office of Academic Services (OAS) plays a key role in advancing the University's educational goals through implementing and administering the academic framework and policies established by the University's academic body. We support the development and review of academic policies, advise on the procedures, and maintain the academic records of students.
This role supports the approval process of new courses and curricula changes of graduate programmes. The incumbent will also ensure quality update of programme, curriculum and courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels in the University system. The incumbent will work independently and collaboratively across teams.
Approval for New Courses and Curricula Changes
- Supports Senior Officer to manage the end-to-end approval process for curricula changes and new courses for graduate programmes.
- Establishes if proposals comply with academic framework and applies the standard procedures to address deviations by either engaging the proposers or escalates to the next level.
- Tracks status of proposal and communicates outcome to stakeholders.
- Maintains repository of proposals.
- Assists with request on programme and course data.
Programme Requirements and Course Information
- Updates programme information, curricula requirements, and course details in Student Management System for both undergraduate and graduate programmes.
- Sets course pre-requisites and restrictions.
- Maintains academic unit requirements for graduation in student records upon onboarding.
- Updates changes to individual student record as a result of change of programme, enrolment in specialisation or pathways.
- Collate and publish the academic unit requirements for each programme and cohort in the University website.
Credit transfer, Course Exemption, Specialisation and Pathways
- Manages application systems.
- Monitors Schools processing of students applications for credit transfer from massive open online courses (MOOC) or exemption of courses.
- Updates specialisation and pathway, credit transfer and course exemption in student records.
- Supports Senior Officer to collaborate with other operation teams to configure system for award of specialisation and pathways.
- Advises Schools on credit transfer and course exemption policy and procedures.
- Processes appeal cases with Schools and supports Senior Officer to seek approval on exception cases.
Academic Termination and Re-admission
- Issues notification of academic termination to students
- Support Senior Officer in processing appeals for re-admission including preparing submission for management's approval
- Maintain system for managing appeal for re-admission
- Prepare statistics for management reporting.
Academic Governance, Policy and Process, System Access and Enhancement, Data Request
- Supports Senior Officer in implementing academic policies and guidelines, and in reviewing procedures.
- Supports in the design of workflows and in process streamlining, assists in automation efforts and system changes.
- Maintain staff access to the office's IT application systems.
- Attends to data requests and assist in metrics reporting.
- Attends to phone and email enquiries, and support reporting officer in other duties, as assigned.
- Polytechnic diploma in any discipline.
- Proficient in use of IT applications and databases.
- Knowledge of SQL would be an advantage.
- Experience in stakeholder communications, academic services, and/or administration.
- Experience in higher educational setting would be an advantage.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Meticulous and high attention to details.
- Energetic, resilient, and receptive to change.
- Fast learner who is eager to learn new skills and adapt to different situations.
- High integrity is a must.
- Service-oriented mindset.