To maintain and implement environment, health, safety and security management framework and programs at the Plants. To educate employees on the workplace EHSS policies, Workplace safety and Health management, Fire Safety management, Safety and Health for Plant turn-around, procedures and programs. Advice site management on EHSS related legislation and requirements. Network with global Safety and Health team for training, new technology applications, and leverage best practices.
- Advise management on EHSS matters as stipulated in local government EHSS related legislations and requirements. Monitor all new or changes in EHSS related regulations. Conduct gap analysis and ensure that the plant has programs and control in place to ensure good compliance.
- Coordinate and conduct field assessments of EHS issues, prepares job safety analysis. Monitors safety and health performance for the plants and recommends priorities and actions for improvement. Works with various departments i.e. Operations, Maintenance, Logistics etc., on supporting the implementation of the improving actions.
- Look into compliance of Personal Safety, Fire Safety requirements and emergency response.
- Investigate major accidents/incident or problem areas and prepares accident/incident reports.
- Monitor vendors equipment and products and assures them consistent with the needs of the organization and EHS requirements.
- Work closely with local Government Authorities to ensure plant has all the relevant working permits and licenses regarding EHSS matters.
- Maintain an effective industrial hygiene and health program to monitor employee exposures to chemical and physical risks ensure no occupational related health problems.
- Fire Safety Manager for the site and liaises with the relevant authority, vendors and provides updates on Fire safety requirements.
- Lead, develop and conduct training materials, prepare and carry out Workplace Safety and Health and Fire Safety trainings to other functions.
- Bachelor's degree in science / Engineering with 9 to 10 years relevant work experience in a chemical plant
- Registered as a Workplace Safety & Health Officer (WSHO) with Ministry of Manpower
- Registered as a Fire Safety Manager (FSM) with Singapore Civil Defence Force
- Good knowledge in interpretation of EHSS related legislations and requirements and risk management (including hazard identification from regular inspection)
- Good knowledge of industry best practices, incident investigation skills and intermediate incident and monitoring results trend analysis.
- Knowledge in ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and Safety Management Systems will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge in chemical plant start-up, shut-down maintenance experiences will be an added advantage.
Jace Wang Jing Lin, R1113653 #AJW
EA no 16S8107