HCSA Dayspring Residential Treatment Centre (DRTC) is one of the signature programmes of HCSA Community Services. HCSA DRTC offers a caring, safe and therapeutic environment to help teenage girls who have suffered the complex trauma of physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Through the application of effective clinical therapies, the centre strives to help these girls become healthy individuals who can successfully reintegrate into their schools, families and society.
The Residential Management System (RMS) builds on the foundation of the Therapeutic Millieu implemented in the centre since it began operations in 2011.
The service model consists of two evidence-based practices used in residential treatment centres, namely Trauma Systems Therapy (TST) and Positive Behaviour Interventions and Supports (PBIS).
The psychologist provides psychological assessment, diagnosis and individual, group, and family therapy to residents. This may sometimes include referral, follow-up and consultation with external agencies. The Psychologist is also assigned to take on the role of TST Expert in the provision of Trauma Systems Therapy to residents, the maintenance of TST fidelity in implementation as well as provide training to staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provision Of Psychotherapy
Provide therapy for 12 residents with the following responsibilities:
1. Provide psychological assessment for clients.
2. Provide individual, group and family therapy to clients, in particular, using Trauma Systems Therapy. (TST)
3. Provide referral, follow-up and consultation with external agencies as appropriate.
4. Communicates with and counsel family members as appropriate.
5. Provide clinical updates to the interdisciplinary team to improve residential interventions
6. Recommend external therapies relevant to client's overall treatment plan
Tst Expert & Treatment Leadership
1. Provide case supervision and consultation to the Treatment Team.
2. Schedule and facilitate weekly case reviews with the Treatment Team
3. Ensure proper and timely completion of TST Fidelity Forms
4. Provide Introduction to TST training and ongoing boosters to staff.
5. Participate in the TGH-TST Community of Practice core team.
1. Oversee the planning of Clinical Programme with the Clinical Team.
2. Plan and run groups with clients focused on:
a. Building emotion regulation skills
b. Building life skills
c. Regulating the Brain
d. Psychoeducation on trauma
1. Participate in monthly Care Team meetings
2. Attend HCSA, Clinical and staff meetings
3. Attend MSF Case Review meeting
4. Attend meetings with schools and/or any external agencies as appropriate
5. Participate in TGH-TST Community of Practice to further develop and share skills and knowledge with members of other communities of practice
6. Attend TST Expert Group supervision.
7. Participate in special projects/programmes and committees.
8. Participate in meetings, trainings, and workshops to enhance professional development and maintain currency of methodology and techniques
Reports And Documentation
1. Document therapy in accordance with policies and procedures regarding clinical records implement and adhere to policies which ensure client confidentiality
2. Coordinate and manage timely completion of TST forms, reports and progress of treatment
3. Complete the Counselling & Family sessions record in MSF monthly Muster.
4. Submit other relevant reports required by Management, MSF or other agencies.
1. Perform additional duties as required by the nature of the position or as requested by Supervisor/Director.
Education And Experience
1. MINIMUMMaster's in Clinical Psychology or more than 3 years experience in Applied Psychology (Masters). Fresh graduates of PhD/PsyD may apply.
2. Registered or eligible for registration with the Singapore Psychological Society as a Full Member/Registered Psychologist preferred
Fresh graduates of Bachelor degree NEED NOT apply.
3. Experience in clinical experience is a MUST, preferbly experience working with traumatized youths
4. Must be passionate about seeing the clients and their families succeed
5. Must be able to think clinically, plan and execute individual clinical treatment plans for the residents and families
6. Must have a high tolerance for learning new things and working in a fast-paced environment.
7. Must be a team player, have integrity and able to work in a team adaptable working in a residential setting
8. Skilled in working with abuse and emotional dysregulation
9. SRS registered psychologist
10. All of the clients are females in their youth, and the position of a psychologist necessitates a female candidate.
Please visit https://www.hcsa.org.sg/careers/ for a full list of the Technical Skills Competencies and Critical Core Competencies required for this position.
Salary commensurate with experience
Place of Work: Sixth Avenue