Principal consultants work closely with colleagues to deliver complex, customized and multi work-stream solutions that meet and exceed client expectations. At this level, business development and client relationship management feature as an important focus of the role in addition to delivery. Individuals may major on either delivery or business development, or indeed have more of a mixed portfolio. Regardless of major, individuals will contribute to bids, and manage/lead relationships and/or projects of considerable complexity.
- Develop and manage effective client relationships either as a member of an account team or by directly managing accounts including potential key accounts. Contribute to key accounts by project managing work streams and/or leading delivery teams.
- Lead research, analysis and interpretation on client / sector business issues, performance, client competitor performance etc. with a view to identifying possible opportunities. Look for ways to build new client relationships e.g. active networking, asking for referrals, partnering across KF lines of business. Leverage insights to define, recommend and /or co-create strategic solutions for the clients.
- Contribute to winning profitable business by proposal writing, pricing, shaping opportunities, pitch preparation and opportunity spotting in clients. Assess the needs of large/complex clients, designing and delivering solutions to meet their needs.
- Deliver high quality work that meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Facilitate project teams by defining scope, objectives and project management structure ensuring a constant focus on outcomes. Plans for resource needs and implements plans to ensure consultants are developed to meet business needs. Leverage the expertise of internal industry or practice experts across the KF business. Projects may span multiple service lines and would typically involve managing multiple consultants from other offices/countries. Typical timescales could be 6-12 months.
- Contribute to thought leadership and/or research. Speak at local or national events in own area of expertise to enhance the KF brand. Develop relationships with industry and thought leaders externally to increase awareness and prestige of KF.
- Support less experienced consultants through mentoring and project based development and coaching.
- Develop deeper expertise in at least one expertise area, and become conversant in of all Korn Ferry Advisory offerings in order to draw on appropriate practice expertise to provide business solutions, including those that may require inter-service line approaches. Continue to deepen and broaden own consulting skills, business or sector understanding and expertise. Extend a strong internal brand and network of KF Advisory consultants.
- Work with KF industry leaders to develop and customize offerings within a service line and targeted at a particular industry.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Typically a relevant higher (Master's or Doctorate) degree plus significant (+10 years) relevant work experience in a consultancy and/or a client HR function. Alternatively, significant work experience (+10 years) in a top tier professional services firm managing Organization transformation or operating model, workforce planning, workforce analytics or job design, etc..
- Is recognised as a go-to person in a defined major discipline and is able to scope, design and deliver non-standard solutions to meet client needs.
- Has an in-depth understanding of clients/industries supported and apply business offerings at the senior level.