MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and oversee the freight operations for the company.
- Ensure customer requirements in freight operations are met, including achieving customer service levels.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and customs requirements for the execution of all shipments.
- Participation in company business assurance committee for quality, security and other regulatory certifications.
- Engage with staff including training, preparation for succession planning, identifying talent and grooming prospect with necessary mentoring and training.
- Engagement with external parties such as government agencies and authorities as a subject matter expert on freight operations, and contribute to working groups on continuous improvements for overall national and airport operations.
- Plan, organise and manage operational staff including manpower planning, rostering, motivating, and monitoring team/individual work performance.
- Financial accountability for the team's performance.
- Be always contactable on the company's assigned mobile, including coordination night activation, where necessary.
- Make daily service recovery and immediate corrective actions for any delivery failures, investigate and submit detailed incident reports to superior as required.
- Ensuring security of all company property, document, and customer's data at all times.
- Management of subcontractors if utilised.
- Champion workplace safety and health, ensure proper housekeeping and safe work practices in accordance with bizSAFE and any other regulations that may apply.
2. Improving Productivity:
- Give feedback to management on any potential areas of productivity improvement especially on automation and digitisation.
- Styaing on top of costs incurred, and work with admin and accounting to reduce costs of operation where possible.
- Understanding KPIs and how to manage them better to achieve desired results.
- Ensure team members are aware of their duties and KPIs, and conduct trainings, counselling and staff disciplinary measures where required.
- To carry out any other duties that may be expected in a position of this level, including to back up the duties of your colleagues.
Attributes we're looking for:
Performance driven to meet budget, proactive, highly resourceful, independent worker, good time management and self-disciplined. Exhibiting the highest level of integrity, credibility and professionalism in expending your duties.
Leadership, organising and planning skills to lead the team successfully. Excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving, negotiation and presentation skills for effective communication and management of stakeholders.