- This role will serve as the Solution Architect for Operations and Property within Group Functions TTO. The Solution Architect will be part of the wider Functions Architecture Team and work closely with the various Domain Technology Teams to drive architecture strategy, roadmap, governance and provide architecture guidance. The role is expected to bring together business understanding and technology thought leadership to drive solution and design excellence in the respective domains.
- Responsible for Solution Architecture for Operations/Property/COO/Transformation within Group Functions TTO
- Responsible to work with other Solution Architects across Functions Architecture and Group Architecture to ensure that Group and Functions Architecture Strategies are executed within the area of responsibility.
- Responsible to work with Application Architects and Project Team to ensure that solutions are aligned to wider Functions/Group Architecture Strategy, Policy and Standards.
- Responsible to work with Application Architects, Project Team and Vendors to ensure that Patterns and Best Practices are being considered and applied appropriately.
- Responsible to work with Application Architects, Project Team and Vendors to understand and review Vendor product architecture and capabilities.
- Responsible to collaborate with Business and Technology stakeholders (such as Technology Domain Heads and Global Heads, Domain Architect and Chief Architect) to drive alignment between Business, Architecture and Technology Strategies.
- Responsible to tech simplification to simplify technology estate, driving efficiency by identifying opportunities to rationalise to a fewer best of breed platforms which provides strategic business capability and aggressively decommission redundant applications.
- Contribute to investment planning/prioritisation with the businesses and T&I.
- Driving and enable cloud adoption and modernisation of technology landscape across respective domains whilst balancing regulatory requirements like data sovereignty and cloud approvals and data security.
People & Talent
- Responsible to review and ensure projects are implemented in line with approved architecture/target architecture.
- Responsible to work with Application Architects and Project teams on evaluations and Proof of Concepts for new technologies and other strategic technology initiatives
- Responsible to contribute to development of architecture strategy and standards for the organization
- Responsible for creating, maintaining or reviewing Domain/Sub-Domain level architecture documentation in the area of responsibility.
- Responsible for Reviewing Application / Project level architecture documentation from Application Architect/Project Team.
- Responsible to ensure compliance with architecture processes and any related deliverables or artifacts at the Domain/Sub-domain level are completed/met
- The role will report to Head Architect or Domain Architect for HR/CABM/Property/Operations/Property/COO/Transformation.
- Collaborate closely with Application Architect and Project team to provide guidance and drive architecture direction
- Responsible for proactively seeking regular assurance that function is performing to an acceptable risk and control standards.
- Responsible to act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness become apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and, if necessary, escalated through the relevant committees.
- Responsible to balance business performance delivery and cost management with risk and control matters to ensure that it does not materially threaten the Group, remaining within risk appetite.
- Responsible to work in collaboration with risk and control teams.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Be a part of domain architecture governance forums to actively be aware of and govern emerging data architecture decisions, in alignment with Functions and wider Enterprise architecture
- Accountable for governance of all architecture decisions and architecture directions across relevant domains as part of Architecture Review Forums and Technology Councils.
- Ensure compliance with all salient SCB data governance frameworks where there are direct touchpoints with them or any subsequent downstream influence for Group Functions.
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes PRA SS2/21, SS2/22 as well as local banking laws and other regulatory laws as applicable.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Global Heads for Corporate Affairs, Brand and Marketing, Property, DFT, COO, Transformation
- Domain Heads of Corporate Affairs, Brand and Marketing, Property, DFT, COO, Transformation
- Application Architects and Development Managers/Leads, Project Teams in Corporate Affairs, Brand and Marketing, Property, DFT, COO, Transformations
- Group Function and Bank wide Architecture Teams
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embrace and practice SCB's brand promise of Here for Good and corporate values
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Responsible for building a culture of good conduct
Role Specific Competencies
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 15+ years of total experience.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, in a hands-on role for solution architecture, preferably in banking.
- Experience in large, complex organisations, ability to handle cultural diversity and managing senior stakeholders.
- 3+ years of experience on developing enterprise applications using modern programming languages.
- Experience with foundational technologies such as ECM (Enterprise Content Management) products (e.g. FileNet), BPM products (e.g. Pega or Camunda), or solutions in Property Technology is a plus.
About Standard Chartered
- Application Design, Architecture
- IT Architecture
- IT Standards, Procedures & Policies
- Platform Architecture
- IT Governance
- Data Architecture
- Application Development Tools
- Cloud Computing Architecture
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website