As a Lab Analyst, you will be responsible for maintaining compliance of laboratory activities with Employee Health and Safety (EHS) requirements which includes adhering to all quality and the laboratory's standard operating procedures, including those for calibration and maintenance of equipment and performing routine maintenance on laboratory equipment and instruments.
The Lab Analyst works work with minimum supervision and independently in the laboratory, plant and/or manufacturing area, he/she will also be able to coach and collaborate with junior staff including the production team or other teams in the organization when required. He/she is a team player that is able to work independently, organized and possesses good analytical and communication skills
In addition, a Lab Analyst implements continuous improvement initiatives and activities for the laboratory.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily analysis of internal and external samples including urgent analysis requirements to support plant product, IQC, Raw materials samples, onsite plant UPW monitoring.
- Perform analysis qualitative and quantitative chemical analyses or chemical experiments in laboratories for quality or process control or to develop new products or processes.
- Daily calibration/standard preparation, analytical instrument tuning and performance monitoring, perform maintenance/troubleshooting when necessary and keep track on the parts/consumables
- Data key in LIMS, make calculations and interpret test results to determine if process changes are needed.
- Chemical inventory and waste disposal management.
- Set up, operate, and maintain laboratory instruments and equipment, such as spectrophotometers, chromatographs, and flame ionization detectors.
- Labelling of all chemicals clearly for storage and disposal of chemicals in a safe and responsible manner.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of all calibrations and maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Lab Manager.
- Min. Diploma in Chemistry or chemical-related discipline
- 3-4 years of experience in chemical manufacturing industry.
- Possess knowledge and experience in 1- 2 years ICPMS/OES.
- Possess some experience supervisory skills or competency in ISO/IEC 17025
- Experience in writing SOP.
- Possess skills in method validation
- Gas Chromatography FID detector skills encourage to apply.
- Must have experience in a laboratory setting.