This is an Engineering Project Manager role that sits within Apple's APAC eCommerce IS&T team based in Singapore and is part of a team of technical analysts, engineers and project managers, who are responsible for the delivery of projects that support the global development of the Apple Online Store (AOS).
As a Project Manager, you are to lead a complex multi-functional engineering projects and serve as primary point-of-contact for end to end coordination and execution. You are responsible for taking the idea from conception to implementation, as well as, provide post-production support and define success metrics. You will be expected to define the technical requirements, run project schedules, handle project budget, identify risks and communicate project progress to stakeholders.
Project management experience in software engineering. Past hands-on development experience.
PMP certification and prior experience of managing e-Commerce projects is a plus.
- Contribute to and involvement in all phases of software development lifecycle: requirements gathering, analysis, system design, development, testing, deployment, warranty and post-production support.
- Build detailed and feasible project plans to achieve objectives and track project progress. Deliver projects on time, within scope and within budget/resources.
- Work with various partners to understand business requirements and help define a high level solution. Handle project scope while ensuring technical feasibility.
- Plan resource availability and allocation throughout the duration of the project and work with worldwide team to accurately estimate project costs and monitor the actuals vs planned.
- Measure project performance, track risks, report and call out as needed.
- Ensure quality and security standards are met by the project.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Be comfortable with both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships beyond the technology community to work effectively with non-technical business contacts.
- Establish a close working relationship with business owners and partners, understanding their immediate requirements and also future aspirations and direction.
- Experience of working successfully with a mix of permanent, contract and offshore engineers happy to adapt to dealing with people in different time zones, from diverse backgrounds and with different objectives.
- Have technical background, with hands-on background in software development and web technologies. Experience in object-oriented programming (eg. JAVA) is required.
- Able to go into the code repositories and understand the features/functionality offered by the platform. Past experience in scripting and debugging will be beneficial.
- Technically astute and skilled to understand complex issues and participate in discussions with the engineering teams. Be a recognized SME both technically and functionally for the platform.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate to technical and non-technical audiences and to speak authoritatively and expertly in high-pressured situations and environments.
- Quick learner and willing to challenge the status-quo while consistently striving for improvement. A natural problem-solver who demonstrates a sense of urgency, and who is willing and able to work hard to ensure that their objectives are achieved, whilst maintaining proven relationships with multiple partners.
- A real passion for technology with an inquisitive nature to understand how and why things work the way they do.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a tight focus on perfection, ensuring the highest possible standards at all time in support of Apple's values.
- Willingness to travel regionally as well as to the United States or other locations as required.
Excellent academic track record with a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a Business, Technology, Computer Science discipline or equivalent practical experience,
You will establish and understand requirements in a complex, fast moving and dynamic environment. You have demonstrable experience in working in large projects in a technical environment with multiple business and IT stakeholders along with dependencies from international teams.
You are expected to establish and drive solutions for business requirements, taking ownership for their success both as part of project delivery and also for business outcomes. Additionally, define the functional solution considering the business requirements and priorities and balance those against the schedule and technical landscape to implement the best solution. You will need to be an experienced, results-oriented technical individual who has a track record of defining and implementing web based commerce solutions.
Internal to Wipro
The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. www.wipro.com
Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO) is a leading technology services and consulting company focused on building innovative solutions that address clients’ most complex digital transformation needs. Leveraging our holistic portfolio of capabilities in consulting, design, engineering, and operations, we help clients realize their boldest ambitions and build future-ready, sustainable businesses. With over 240,000 employees and business partners across 66 countries, we deliver on the promise of helping our customers, colleagues, and communities thrive in an ever-changing world.
We harness the power of cognitive computing, hyper-automation, robotics, cloud, analytics and emerging technologies to help our clients adapt to the digital world and make them successful.
A company recognized globally for its comprehensive portfolio of services, strong commitment to sustainability and good corporate citizenship, we have over 243,000 dedicated employees serving clients across six continents.
Together, we discover ideas and connect the dots to build a better and a bold new future.