CBRE is the global leader in real estate services and leverages the industry's most powerful knowledge base to meet the commercial real estate needs of its clients worldwide. Our vision is to be the preeminent, vertically integrated, globally capable real estate service firm. Globally we employ over 70,000 employees and operate in 48 countries. CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an Events Coordinator to join the team.
The Events Coordinator is at the forefront of delivering a positive meeting and events experience as a cultural ambassador and service leader. In this role, you would be the customer service provider for meeting and events. Daily duties would include tasks like moving, setting up and striking furniture, decor, removable walls, and event equipment, welcoming guests, providing wayfinding support for attendees, preparing, refreshing, and clearing food and beverage stations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with logistics, coordination and day-of execution of meetings, conferences, and events. Creates a hospitable environment for attendees, event owners, and vendors.
- Performs daily meeting and conference room turnover and/or midday room refresh, reconfigurations and evening resets for indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Takes direction from senior meeting & events team members to meet the need the needs of partners, clients, and vendors. Escalates potential issues/concerns to management as appropriate.
- Responsible for post event storage and inventory of tables, chairs, AV equipment and communicates timing on cleaning services.
- Conducts set up, refresh and removal of food, beverage, and service items.
- Completes room checks and ensures technical and visual spaces are functioning properly. Communicates corrections as needed to appropriate contact.
- Monitors and responds to event activities such as gathering event supplies, equipment needs, food & beverage services, facility security, etc.
- May be responsible for setup and strike of furniture and equipment for meeting and events.
- May work on setting up audio visual equipment, including routine inspection & inventory control. This includes troubleshooting of basic audio-visual issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualification, Knowledge & Experience:
- At least 1-2 years of related working experience in event coordination, retail, restaurant, customer service or other hospitality experience.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to front and liaise with all levels of landlords / tenants.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Good interpersonal skills to build good relationships with stakeholders and clients.
- Proficient in computers and Microsoft Office
- Comfortable meeting and engaging with new people.
- Warm and engaging demeanour, ability to assess circumstances, empathize and offer help.
- Have a positive attitude and a strong sense of urgency in resolving any issues that may arise.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.