[What the role is]
The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) is Singapore's central bank and integrated financial regulator.
As central bank, MAS promotes sustained, non-inflationary economic growth through the conduct of monetary policy and close macroeconomic surveillance and analysis. It manages Singapore's exchange rate, official foreign reserves, and liquidity in the banking sector.
As an integrated financial supervisor, MAS fosters a sound financial services sector through its prudential oversight of all financial institutions in Singapore - banks, insurers, capital market intermediaries, financial advisors, and stock exchanges. It is also responsible for well-functioning financial markets, sound conduct, and investor education.
MAS also works with the financial industry to promote Singapore as a dynamic international financial centre. It facilitates the development of infrastructure, adoption of technology, and upgrading of skills in the financial industry.
Join us now, if you have a genuine interest in making an impact to help shape Singapore's economic and financial landscape.
[What you will be working on]
You will be a member of the team responsible for AML/CFT supervision of financial institutions in Singapore, working closely with both internal and external stakeholders to drive effective AML/CFT outcomes. You will participate in inspections and supervisory oversight of financial institutions, and will have the opportunity to improve the governance, risk awareness and execution of controls in the industry. There will also be opportunities for you to drive new AML/CFT initiatives and shape supervisory standards, including in the fintech and digital payments sector.
[What we are looking for]
- Relevant experience of at least 3 to 5 years in regulatory, supervision, investigation, risk management and/or audit roles covering AML/CFT.
- Team player who is proactive and self-motivated, and able to adapt well to changes.
- Proven ability to deliver outcomes on projects amid tight timelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and be able to positively influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Experienced in a wide range of financial activities, including in fintech and digital business models will be an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You will be working in a fast-paced environment that would require the ability to manage multiple priorities and needs of stakeholders, as well as the agility to respond to changes and developments.
- As part of the shortlisting process for this role, you may be required to complete a medical declaration and/or undergo further assessment.
- All applicants will be notified on whether they are shortlisted or not within 4 weeks of the closing date of this job posting.