A Data Centre Manager - Operations/Facilities Management job has become available at Bridge Data Centres. Reporting to the VP of Operations, you will operate and maintain critical DC infrastructure and facilities within APAC and ensure 100% availability of service.
About the Data Centre Manager - Operations/Facilities Management Role:
Reporting to the VP of Operations, you will operate and maintain critical DC infrastructure and facilities within APAC and ensure 100% availability of service.
- Ensure the delivery of 24x7 service operations, develop work operation processes, conduct training, preparation of reports, implement operations work practices
- Manage all operations, planning, maintenance, documentation in critical DC Operations/facilities management to ensure a high standard of SLA is met
- Develop plans to enhance equipment and system functionality and performance
- Lead a team of Engineers, Technicians and Operators
- Collaborate and manage vendors and contractors for work implementations
- Provide thought leadership and technical advice in critical facilities/operations management, in compliance with regulatory laws and guidelines
- Develop, standardise and implement SOP/EOP/MOP/ERP and have in depth understanding of the critical system/facilities
- Travel within APAC to regional data centres for project implementation and management
To succeed in this role, you must have at least six years of experience working with critical facilities/operations in a data centre.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical or its equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Relevant professional license or certification in energy management is advantageous
- At least six years of relevant work of experience within 24x7 data centre critical infrastructure
- Good engineering knowledge in both electrical and mechanical system operation and maintenance for system such as uninterruptible power supply (UPS), diesel generator, LV and HT power distribution, chillers, cooling towers, mechanical pumps also the ability to study electrical single line diagram, mechanical schematic diagram, and building systems layout
- Experienced in leading a team of Engineers, Technicians and Operators
- Good knowledge of laws that govern building management and maintenance, including building safety, emergency evacuation and environment protection is advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication to convey technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences and contribute within a team environment
Bridge Data Centres, a subsidiary of NASDAQ-listed Chindata Group, provides hyperscale data centre solutions. They currently own and operate data centres in Malaysia, India and Thailand with rapid expansion plans to broaden their presence across Asia-Pacific emerging markets. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Data Centre Manager - Operations/Facilities Management job.
Apply now to learn more.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1986634 Alphonsus Sim Zheng Wei