- Support the Business Manager for COO, Trade to define and deliver the strategy of Trade Operations
- Oversea the execution of the new Target Operating model for Trade COO including Service
- Drive alignment of objectives and scorecard metrics to strategic goals
- Track deliverables to ensure completion of goals and targets across Trade Operations
- Provide management insights on the financials and metrices as required i.e. summary analytics, decks for senior management and business consumption and annual performance and target setting
- Support the implementation of nWoW across Trade, and in alignment with the broader CCIB model and approach
- Champion and drive the adoption of nWoW, including Human Centred Design, Agile and Dynamic Work Design across Trade COO
- Operate as Product Owner where necessary, including for projects which sit within wider CCIB businesses - providing support to TB and CCIB COOs where required
- Support Program deliverables where applicable, to achieve desired quality and have appropriate endorsements/ signoffs
- Support ongoing management and/or improvement of the Trade QPR and MPR model
- Lead the work to drive culture improvement across Trade COO, with a focus on D&I, recognition, work/life balance and training
- Lead the financial management for Trade COO, providing visibility over forecasts and run rates. Act as the single point of contact for financial queries and engage with the Ops Finance team
- Additionally, play a lead role in other structural work as identified/required e.g. contra revenue reclassification with Group Finance Policy Team, definition of new contra revenue
- Support the implementation of initiatives that will deliver upon the strategic objectives of Trade COO as well as materially improve Trade COO's financial and operational efficiency
- Quantify and track the efficiency benefits of strategic initiatives - providing transparency over planned and realised benefits and their impact on the financial plan and key scorecard metrics
- Manage the unit cost and operational sensitivity models, ensuring accuracy and driving out improvements
- Financial - oversee allocations both into and out of Trade COO, to ensure accurate and fair outcomes
Business Efficiency and Performance Measurement
- Lead and coordinate the budget forecasting and planning cycle's for Trade Services in line with timeline as defined by Group Finance & our business partners
- Lead timely review of cost performance and delivery of saves against 5-year efficiency road map
- Be an invaluable partner to facilitate sound business decision making
- Responsible for monthly Business efficiency tracking & reporting to COO MT. Ensuring discipline and due process for timely delivery against performance targets through effective & regular engagement with Regional & Country operations heads.
- Provide regular accurate updates to TB COO MT on business performance ensure that issues are escalated in a timely fashion, with clear actions with timelines and ownership to remedy such escalations are agreed and close accordingly.
People & Talent
- Manage financial performance for the Group Operations teams, at countries and GBS seeking operational efficiencies to drive the JAWS ratio as directed by Group Finance.
- Represent Operations at any relevant Group Committees as required.
- Regular review of business performance metrics and take appropriate steps with relevant teams (Group, Region & Country) immediately upon detection of anomalies.
- Deliver an engaging communication strategy supporting Trade COO's key priorities and strategic plan - supporting and driving open collaboration
- Support collective leadership, knowledge sharing and relationship building across the CCIB businesses and other strategic initiatives
- Upholding the Values of the Group and Company at all times.
- Compliance with all applicable Rules/ Regulations and Company and Group Policies.
- To identify risk on a continual basis and derive mitigants on a sustained basis.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Backup for secretary of Trade and Working Capital NFRC and associated working groups - ensuring smooth running of the committee while adhering to the highest standards of governance as required by the Bank's standards
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Ability to deliver effective governance capability to challenge fellow executives effectively and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner
- Regulatory & Business conduct - ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws, other applicable laws (e.g. laws governing securities activities, company law) and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines)
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions the Group's policies and procedures and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters. Embed the Group's values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
- Local regulator prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Business Manager, Trade COO
- Trade COO
- Regional Trade RCOOs
- Trade Product Managers
Our Ideal candidates
- To identify and highlight Continuous Improvement initiatives in simplifying the processes, procedures.
- To identify & highlight standardization opportunities.
- To actively participate in the C3 initiatives.
- To enthusiastically participate in the Quality initiatives of the organization and achieve expected results in the work place.
Role Specific Competencies
- 2+ years of experience including proficient knowledge of PowerPoint skills
- Diploma or Any Graduate Degree from a recognized University
- Write internal messages or scripts for Senior Management communications with employees
- Develop and execute a comprehensive internal communications strategy across Trade Services which covers culture & leadership, employee engagement and transformation
- CPA/ CA preferred
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About Standard Chartered
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft word
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website