Assistant restaurant managers oversee and support the operations at dining establishments to ensure profitability and an enjoyable dining experience. These professionals work in conjunction with restaurant managers.
- Opening and closing the restaurant.
- Appointing, inducting, and mentoring new staff members.
- Scheduling shifts and assigning tables to waitstaff.
- Resolving customers questions and grievances in a professional manner.
- Conducting payroll activities in an accurate, timely manner.
- Ensuring that the restaurant adheres to pertinent health and safety regulations.
- Purchasing new ingredients, kitchen utensils, and equipment as stock is damaged or depleted.
- Sourcing better deals on all resources and equipment that warrant replacing or replenishing.
- Recording all income and expenses and ensuring that cash registers are balanced.