Primary Objectives of Position
- Participate in the maintenance of the OCS for NEL traction power networks, so as to ensure that the safety, reliability and availability of the systems meet the operational requirements.
- Assist in carrying out and provide supervision on the routine preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance work.
- Ensure work carried out are in accordance with Standard practice and procedure and to specific requirements.
- Responsible in maintaining a good document system and update records after work completion.
- Ensure the contractors carry out the preventive and corrective maintenance in accordance with the work instruction and procedures.
- Liaise with contractors for the maintenance work to be done.
- Operate, maintain, test and commission of the OCS equipment.
- Ensure fast response to clear system faults and carry out the repair servicing works.
- Ensure Safety plans are implemented, and all safety hazards are eliminated.
- Perform any Engineering work or tasks as being assigned by Section Head or Engineers
- Perform works and documentation in accordance with the ISO 14000 Quality Standards and quality procedures.
Specific Safety Responsibilities
- To enforce Departmental Work Instructions and all Rail related safety rules and procedures
- Responsible for maintaining the technical standards NEL HV and DC traction power distribution system, network and equipment so as to ensure the highest level of operational safety for the NEL systems.
The above activities are no means exhaustive and are subjected to amendment whenever is needed.
Minimum Education / Qualifications
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- NITEC Electrical Technology or Mechanical Engineering
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience
- Preferably with relevant working experience in maintenance of HV and DC traction power equipment
- Electrical Power System background
- Strong interpersonal skill .
- Good planning and writing skills
Attributes(functional & leadership competencies) .
- Resourceful, self-motivated and result oriented .
- Good team leader