Assistant Chef: We are an Indian restaurant looking for a chef who is experienced in North Indian vegetarian dishes.
The right candidate will have the following qualities:
- Minimum 2 years of experience and extensive knowledge in North Indian vegetarian cuisine. Experience in Indo-Chinese and Western cuisine is desired
- Demonstrate good knowledge of a variety of dishes.
- Must be able to operate kitchen efficiently and supervise a team of staff.
- Keep track of all inventory, recipes and ensure quality of food is always at its best.
- Work with the Chef to coordinate and carry out the preparation of all meals.
- Help the Chef prepare meals using a variety of normal kitchen tools, as well as galley appliances such as food processors, mixers, blenders, ovens, and grills.
- Ensure quality of plating/packaging meals for customers.
- Rinse and clean dishes, pots, pans and utensils when needed and store things accordingly.
- Help clean and maintain all cooking items and service items in orderly and absolutely sanitary condition according to good health-keeping practices in keeping with government regulations.
- Ensure cleaning materials are stocked.
- Whenever necessary, assist service crew with bussing and cleaning dining area after meals.
- Any other Ad Hoc Duties assigned by the management.